We, ix Catering Group Limited (collectively referred to as “we”, “the company” or “ix”) and we own and operate the site www.ixcatering.com (collectively referred to as “our site” or “ixcatering.com”).
Our site offers a convenient way to provides dining information and booking, one-stop events and catering services over the Internet, including by using our applications (referred to as “services”). We recognize the importance of your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by the company for:
1. Providing you with the related services;
2. Verifying your account identity;
3. Handling your order(s) and payment instructions, or collecting outstanding bills or other instructions;
4. Analyzing, verifying, and/or conducting credit checks, payment details and/ or conditions, so as to provide you with the related services;
5. Designing services for you;
6. Providing you with customer service;
7. Conducting marketing research, statistics analysis, and behaviour analysis;
9. Making disclosures when required by applicable laws, rules and regulations;
10. Direct marketing of the products and services of the company and its business partners.
Types of Personal Data Collected
For the purpose of carrying on the company’s business, including registration and administration of the company’s website and related services (including relevant online services), you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
1. Your name;
2. Contact details, including contact name and telephone number or email address, delivery address.
In some instances, you may also be requested to provide certain data that may be used to further improve our products and services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you. In most cases, this type of data is optional although, where the requested service is a personalized service, or provision of a product is dependent on your providing all requested data, failure to provide the requested data may prevent us from providing the service to you. This type of data includes, but is not limited to:
2. Dietary preferences and;
3. Other related services subscribed to.
The company’s web servers may also collect data relating to your online session, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server’s usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include, but is not limited to:
1. The browser type and version;
2. Operating system; and
3. The IP address and/or domain name.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Data
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
1. Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
2. Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
3. Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
4. Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Retention of Personal Data
In your dealings with us, we retain records of your online transactions for auditing purposes. Our general policy is to retain the information for a reasonable period. We do not offer online facilities for you to delete personal data held by us.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing communications and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. After receiving your consent, you may receive from us or from our affiliated companies telephone calls, email and direct mailings containing promotional materials from time to time. We mainly communicate with you through email, if you wish to unsubscribe the direct marketing communications, you can find and click on the unsubscribe link in each of the promotional email, and we will opt you out from the mailing listing without any cost. Alternatively, you can reach our customer service by emailing us at email@example.com for un-subscription.
Access to and correction of information
If you want to access and/or correct your personally identifiable information which you have given us via following email:
1. recognise you whenever you visit this website
2. obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online movements and use of the Internet
3. keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
4. carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
5. target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
6. make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
7. enable tighter security
Scope of Application
Data Access & Correction